Re: [clutter] cluttermm pure?

Am 15.06.2008 um 19:43 schrieb Murray Cumming:

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 19:31 +0200, Daniel Oberhoff wrote:
, wouldnt it make sense simply to have it a configure option to
embedd gtk (also cairo)?

I find it simpler to split libraries up in separate tarballs rather than make some parts optional. Distros (Linux or whatever) tend not to split them up into separate packages otherwise, leaving you with much the same
problem as before.

Then, if requested build separate library
binaries for cluttermm-gtk and cluttermm-cairo, and copy the
appropriate headers only.

In the short term, you can probably just hack clutter-gtk out of the
build files.

Think I'll rather fix clutter-gtk than mess with autotools :).

I'll try to get this done for you, but it might take me a few days to
have time.

Well, the separation is not so important now. Since clutter-gtk is fixed (by patches sent by the author(s) anyhow, suppose svn soon too) I am up and running (nearly, still installing doxygen to get the cluttermm build through, together with docs). But for the future it might make sense, as in a few months I might want to port to the iPhone :).

Daniel