Re: [clutter] cluttermm pure?

Am 15.06.2008 um 11:06 schrieb Murray Cumming:

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 22:41 +0200, Daniel Oberhoff wrote:
Hi

is it possible to build cluttermm without cluttergtk? why does it need
gtk?

I guess we thought we were making life easier and didn't think of
non-GTK+ platforms.

Well, it makes enough sense to use clutter without gtk, think iPhone, and the c++ wrapper should still be there for it.

i cant use cluttergtk on osx, so i would like just cluttermm for
clutter, not gtk. is it possible?

I guess we should move it into a clutter-gtkmm library. CCing gtkmm- list
for other opinions.

Hmm, wouldnt it make sense simply to have it a configure option to embedd gtk (also cairo)? Then, if requested build separate library binaries for cluttermm-gtk and cluttermm-cairo, and copy the appropriate headers only.

In the short term, you can probably just hack clutter-gtk out of the
build files.

Think I'll rather fix clutter-gtk than mess with autotools :).

Daniel