Re: Gtkmm thread example

Robert Pearce wrote:
You don't need to "adapt" it. GTK is build on top of GLib, and GTKmm is
built on GLibmm. In recent versions quite a few "GTK" functions have
actually been moved into GLib because they fit there better, being not
That might very well be true.  I can certainly see why some
thread code isn't specifically gui related.  For the experts this
would be a trivial task so they don't think of it as adapting.  No
matter how you look at it, some adapting is required if I am to
make a GTK gui version of the glibmm dispatcher example.  Certainly I
would need to add things like these in the appropriate places, wouldn't
I?

#include <gtkmm.h>

Gtk::Main main_instance (&argc, &argv);

Gtk::Main::run(window);

And wouldn't I have to modify the example somehow to update the
gui progress bar instead of just printing to the console as did the
glibmm example?  The example that Christopher Lang pointed out already
has the "adapting" and would be a perfect example.  It is even written
by Daniel Elstner who wrote the glibmm version of the example.  The
gtkmm version does not compile.  The errors appear to be sigc related.
I see the example is 3 years old so perahps sigc changed since then?
Since the example seems to be so close to what I need, can anyone
help me get it to compile?

http://www.c-plusplus.de/forum/viewtopic-var-p-is-816067.html

Damon Register