Re: Building of win32 applications

On Wednesday 09 July 2008, Damon Register wrote:
>  Though I am not certain, I wonder if
> using MinGW might increase the risk of having code that would be Windows
> specific while using Cygwin might lead you to code that is more unix
> generic.

When I tried to port an app from Linux to Windows, I hit a big problem with
g_io_channel handling on a serial port, and ended up having to write (or dig
up from a previous Borland project) windows-specific code. I don't think
cygwin would fix that, though.

On the other hand, might cygwin produce code that needs lots of cygwin
libraries, whereas MinGW produces an application that only needs the GTK
windows port?