Re: Building of win32 applications

Damon Register wrote:
Petr Hracek wrote:
Sorry, I will try to explain you detailly.
I would like to develop some GUI interfaces (not only one).
Program could be runnable as from Linux as from Windows environtment
so it is a cross platform app.  I suppose your choice would still depend
on what your app does and uses.  Though I am not certain, I wonder if
using MinGW might increase the risk of having code that would be Windows
specific while using Cygwin might lead you to code that is more unix
generic.  Perhaps someone else can answer that better than I could.

You mean that when I will develop GUIs I do not need DevC? Only MinGW (of
course with gtkmm and glade) is neccessary? Am I right?
Correct, although I suppose that DevC provides some conveniences that
make the development easier.  As Rob Pearce said, you can do without
Glade but I am no expert at hand coding and have no desire to develop
that way so for me, Glade is necessary.  So, with MinGW, gtkmm and Glade
I can do well enough with my development.

Damon Register