Re: Converting a Glib::ValueBase to a derived type

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 16:51 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
class defined in structure.hg to use Glib::ValueBase (just checked in to svn). I'm still a bit unclear about working with Glib::ValueBase so I wrote the attached test (also checked in). I'm stuck in the last if block where I'm trying to determine if the value obtained is of the right type.
You can try
G_VALUE_TYPE(value.gobj()):
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/gobject-Generic-values.html#G-VALUE-TYPE:CAPS

Last question: Once the type is determined, is it practical to attempt to read the value stored? If so, how would that be done?

First I need to correct your test:
 Glib::ValueBase value;
 testProxy.get(value);

It should be:
 Glib::Value<Glib::ustring> value;
 textProxy.get(value);

Then you can do
Glib::ustring text = value.get();

Sorry; missed that.  Now I understand.  Thanks.

-Jose