Re: Converting a Glib::ValueBase to a derived type

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 15:33 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:

> > I'm looking at the todo comments in lines 65 and 71 of the structure.hg
> > file (in gstreamermm).  I'm attempting to define the getter methods of
> > the Gst::Structure along with the id_get_value() method

This one should be quite easy.

>  (commented
> > definition) correctly.
> >

> More specifically, I modified the StructureValueProxy

This seems to be a way to return two pieces of information (the value
and its name) in the return value. I don't think it will be possible to
do that. It's not that important to have an operator[].

>  class defined in
> structure.hg to use Glib::ValueBase (just checked in to svn).  I'm still
> a bit unclear about working with Glib::ValueBase so I wrote the attached
> test (also checked in). I'm stuck in the last if block where I'm trying
> to determine if the value obtained is of the right type.

You can try
G_VALUE_TYPE(value.gobj()):
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/gobject-Generic-values.html#G-VALUE-TYPE:CAPS

www.openismus.com