Re: Request for review

Hi,

Could you please let me know the procedure to commit the changes in the svn? I have added the files in the svn, but it is not allowing me to commit the changes.
I am trying svn commit -m<comment> .
And getting the error:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKACTIVITY of '/svn/glibmm/!svn/act/4a349602-41e7-43de-860d-b3c00a26337f': 403 Forbidden (http://svn.gnome.org)

Seems I am not authorize to commit the changes.

-Br
Naveen

On Jan 15, 2008 2:07 PM, Naveen Verma <ernaveenverma gmail com> wrote:

On Jan 15, 2008 1:08 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 12:41 +0200, Naveen Verma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attached the modified checksum.sh file, after bit more study
> and understanding. Could you please check it and give me comments?

You really need to "svn add" it in your glibmm svn checkout. Then it
will show up in an "svn diff".

Try changing the build files (Makefile_list_of_hg.am_fragement) so you
see the build errors.

- Yes, of course I am doing this. I just to have a formal check that the basic way for going it ok, as I am doing it first time. Later on it will not be like this :)

> Although the comments are missing that which is one task which I will
> complete.
>
> There are some minor doubts about data types like should we use glib
> guint8, guint32

Yes, use these directly. Only simple types (gchar, gint) should be
converted to e.g. char, int.

>  as such in glibmm or to convert in other format, same with using
> std::string or Glib::ustring

Use std::string for text data of unknown encoding. Use Glib::ustring for
text that is known to be UTF-8.

- Thanks for this, its clarify many doubts :)

>   as per the doc we should use Glib::ustring for gchar* and
> std::string for file name but in the existing code the std::string has
> been used for many other types then just for file name. So for where I
> can check the clear mapping about data types?
>
> Thanks for your kind help in advance.
>
> -Br
> Naveen

- Br