Re: Wrapping GChecksum?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Well I set the PERL5LIB path to the place of modules so I don't need to make the soft link, which resolves the .pm issue. But now I stuck in compilation error as i posted in my previous mail.

Looking to possible reasons.

-Br
Naveen

On Jan 13, 2008 6:47 PM, José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque cox net> wrote:
José Alburquerque wrote:
> Naveen Verma wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Earlier I have installed glibmm using apt-get utility. I found it
>> installs all these modules in /usr/lib/glibmm- 2.4/proc/pm, while in
>> the error message the search path is
>> /usr/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/proc/pm. I think this is one reason.
>>
>> But this means we need to install glibmm before compiling the glibmm
>> sources.
>>
>>  should we set the reference path of these modules during compilation
>> of glibmm sources, because these modules are always in the source?
>>
>> -Br
>> Naveen
>>
> Hi.  Last night I was looking into submitting some possible changes to
> glibmm (not sure if they may be useful), and I ran into the same sort
> of problem.  I had gmmproc already installed from my distribution in
> /usr/lib/glibmm-2.4 and compiling glibmm reported the Output.pm
> missing module as you reported in your first post.  You might
> temporarily compile by soft linking /usr/lib/glibmm- 2.4 to
> /usr/local/lib/ like so "ln -s /usr/lib/glibmm-2.4 /usr/local/lib".
> You should be able to compile after.

BTW, don't forget to remove the link (rm -i /usr/local/lib/glibmm- 2.4)
after compilation and don't "make install" or anything like that until
after you've removed the link.

-Jose