unable to print with gtkmm 2.12

I am a new gtkmm user. I am writting a small plot widget as a way of
learning gtkmm. This widget now works fairly well. By the way, I am
gratefull to gtkmm developpers for their work.

Plotting is directly made on a cairo context which I now want to print.
I have read the printing chapter in the 'programming with gtkmm' book
and try to apply it. As you have understood, I didn't manage to get it
work. However, I have got the same problems with the 'advanced printing'
example of the book. The print operation goes into an infinite loop
showing this message on the terminal :

(plot:15658): GLib-GObject-WARNING
**: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.14.1/gobject/gsignal.c:2180: invalid object
type `

The fact that the example of the book does not work either suggest a bug
in gtkmm. Is it the case ?

I am using gtkmm 2.12.0 on ubuntu with g++-4.1.2. I am experiencing
different difficulties.

Sincerly,

Helfer Thomas