Re: unable to print with gtkmm 2.12

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 19:37 +0100, Helfer Thomas wrote:
> I am a new gtkmm user. I am writting a small plot widget as a way of
> learning gtkmm. This widget now works fairly well. By the way, I am
> gratefull to gtkmm developpers for their work.
>
> Plotting is directly made on a cairo context which I now want to print.
> I have read the printing chapter in the 'programming with gtkmm' book
> and try to apply it. As you have understood, I didn't manage to get it
> work. However, I have got the same problems with the 'advanced printing'
> example of the book. The print operation goes into an infinite loop
> showing this message on the terminal :
>
> (plot:15658): GLib-GObject-WARNING
> **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.14.1/gobject/gsignal.c:2180: invalid object
> type `
>
> The fact that the example of the book does not work either suggest a bug
> in gtkmm. Is it the case ?
>
> I am using gtkmm 2.12.0 on ubuntu with g++-4.1.2. I am experiencing
> different difficulties.

hmmm.  I can reproduce this using the system gtkmm on ubuntu as well.
However, I just tried the example with my svn checkout (2.12.4) and it
works fine, so I think it's been fixed in svn.
Looking through the changelog, it appears that 2.12.1 includes a fix for
a refcounting issue when printing, which I assume is the problem that
you're running into.
--
Jonner