Re: Problems building 2.0 API; gtkmmproc error after update

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 23:43 +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
Hi.

I thought I might have a quick look at a compile problem with the old API (gtkmm version 2.2.12) on my Mac. Details are on http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13516, but simply put, I get the error

notebook.cc: In static member function 'static void Gtk::Notebook_Class::class_init_function(void*, void*)':
notebook.cc:684: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(GtkNotebook*, gint)' to 'gboolean (*)(GtkNotebook*, gint)'

This was maybe a (annoying) change in GTK+ (which version are you
using?) But that's quite an old version so I can't remember the details.
Yeah, it may seem like the signal handler return types changed at some point, although I though they shouldn't based on the fact that GTK+ is supposed to have a completely stable API...

I'm not sure what GTK+ version I tried to build with, as I'm on a different machine now, but I would assume it was more or less the latest and greatest. What version I had last time it worked is probably impossible to tell now...
Can't you just use a newer version of gtkmm?
That's not really the question here. We're talking about a special build system on MacOS X, which is supposed to support a "package" for the Gtkmm 2.0 API, only now this support is broken. There's still a question of whether anybody will actually use it, of course, but gtk and gtkmm 1.2 are also supported, if you know what I'm saying...

In any case, my question is really what I generally need to change (i.e. which source files etc.) in order to fix problems like this. Is there some sort of guideline etc?

- Toralf