interface properties

I've been working with goocanvasmm a bit recently, and I was
attempting to implement a custom canvas item.  now, GooCanvasItem is
an interface, so I was attempting to implement that interface using
goocanvasmm.  I nearly succeeded but I noticed that I was getting
warnings on the commandline about unimplemented properties.
Apparently, interfaces can have properties that must be overridden in
implementing classes.  I don't see any way to do this currently with
*mm methods.  Is it possible?

--
jonner