Re: glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2

Jamiil Abduqadir wrote:
> I have downloaded, several times,  glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2, as well as the
> gz version of it. I have no problems with the download, but, when I
> tried to decompress it using MinGW's tar -xvj(z)f
> glibmm2-16.1.tar.bz2(gz) command, I get an error message saying:
>
> tar: Child died with signal 13
> tar: Error errors delayed from previous errors

I've had issues with this as well.  Although I haven't tested this on
Linux (Debian takes care of GTKmm for me), on Windows/Msys I get the
same error.

However, I can run the individual tools and unzip the file fine.  So
IMHO the problem is related to MinGW.  Just use:
bzip2 -dk glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2
tar -xf glibmm-2.16.1.tar

It's inconvenient, but it works.

- Paul Goins