Re: glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2

I see, I will try sygwin

Thanks Paul!

2008/4/4 Paul Goins <general vultaire net>:
Jamiil Abduqadir wrote:
> I have downloaded, several times,  glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2, as well as the
> gz version of it. I have no problems with the download, but, when I
> tried to decompress it using MinGW's tar -xvj(z)f
> glibmm2-16.1.tar.bz2(gz) command, I get an error message saying:
>
> tar: Child died with signal 13
> tar: Error errors delayed from previous errors

I've had issues with this as well.  Although I haven't tested this on
Linux (Debian takes care of GTKmm for me), on Windows/Msys I get the
same error.

However, I can run the individual tools and unzip the file fine.  So
IMHO the problem is related to MinGW.  Just use:
bzip2 -dk glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2
tar -xf glibmm-2.16.1.tar

It's inconvenient, but it works.

- Paul Goins

--
Happiness has many doors, and when one of them closes another opens, yet we spent so much time looking at the one that is shut that we don't see the one that just opened.