Re: glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2

Yes, I know, I never had this problem using Linux; that is the reason why I made a point of mentioning MSWinXP as often as possible.
Could this be one of the problems to be resolved?

I'll be frank with you Murray, after the last message from Cedric and being a Gtkmm user for so long, I feel guilty for never doing anything to return the favor, pardon me... the MANY favor that I have received from this community. I am now talking to my boss about jumping in the Gtkmm wagon and do something to repay the community that has helped this business and myself so much.

Going back to the issue at hand, I would like to hear from the other Win32 Gtkmm user, and abuser, to check it out for me. If this is an issue of OS incompatibility than we have to address it and correct it, however, if it is a problem at my end we can work it out as well.

Thanks MSWin32 Gtkmm user, and specially you Murray for your prompt response, I know that many of you will do everything in your power to get this matter resolved A.S.A.P.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:26 -0500, Jamiil Abduqadir wrote:
> MSWinXP
> MinGW
>
> I have downloaded, several times,  glibmm-2.16.1.tar.bz2, as well as
> the gz version of it. I have no problems with the download, but, when
> I tried to decompress it using MinGW's tar -xvj(z)f
> glibmm2-16.1.tar.bz2(gz) command, I get an error message saying:
>
> tar: Child died with signal 13
> tar: Error errors delayed from previous errors

I can open the file with file-roller in Ubuntu.

Have you tried that .tar.gz file?

www.openismus.com