Re: how can I set up a passive Gtk::CheckButton with just a tooltip?

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, Christopher Lang <christopher lang acurana de> wrote :
      How can I set up a CheckButton, that is *not* greyed out, but apart from a
tooltip is totaly passive?
(set_sensitive (false) disables tooltips).

When I wanted to do that, I ended up resorting to creating my own widget (which I called GtkLamp) by copying the GtkButton source and tweaking it. That's based on a standard button, but could very easily be turned into a CheckLamp. If nobody else comes up with an easier solution I'll post my source for you.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |