Development of gstmm

Hi.  I've been looking at the list archives and gather that this project
is not being worked on presently (gstmm).  I'm working on a dvd creation
utility using gtkmm and thought of using gstreamer for some video
processing.  I'm wondering if it's simple enough to use gstreamer as is
in my C++ application.  Also, is creating C++ bindings for gstreamer
complicated or difficult?  Is there something impeding development?  I'm
not very experienced, but if the process is straight forward, I may have
some time to contribute in this aspect.  Would someone please advice?
Thanks.

Sincerely
Jose