Re: Various layouts per window

Pedro Sousa wrote:
Hi José.

Thanks for answering, but from your message I see that I misunderstood you, which I apologize.

I want to understand how can I change the right side of the widget from selecting the item on the left side. Which mechanisms do I needed to have multiple right side layers? Do I use frames, etc ...
After loading the devices I have to hide and show the widgets, am I correct?

Another question is how can I do this in Glade?

Best regards,
     Pedro Sousa

P.S.: To separate a left from right side I use GtkHPaned widget.

If you're looking for a "mechanism" by which your application can "react" to your TreeView selection changing and modifying your GUI accordingly, you need to use signals (the one I suggested to you might be a good one). You can read the following to understand signals: http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-signals.html (I'd look at the whole programming guide at http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/index.html).

As far as which widget you might use to show several others, a Gtk::Notebook might work, but you can probably use one of the "Gtk::Bin" widgets by adding and removing your widgets (see the API docs for other widgets: http://localhost/doc/libgtkmm-2.4-doc/reference/html/index.html).

I couldn't tell you how to do this in Glade because I haven't gotten around to using Glade when programming with gtkmm.

-Jose