Re: <gstmm.h> include errors

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 16:26 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
The example code is the following:

#include <iostream>
#include <gstmm.h>

using namespace std;

int main (int argc, char* argv[]) {
    Gst::init(argc, argv);

    Glib::RefPtr<Gst::Element> element =
        Gst::Element::create("fakesrc", "source");

    if (!element) {
        cout << "Failed to created gst element." << endl;
    }
}

Thanks. I've added that in the tests/ directory.
I believe I've corrected gstreamermm so that the test works now.
I think that the GST_OBJECT macro was flawed, causing it's custom wrap()
methods to fail. I have used G_OBJECT instead because I don't believe
that a GST_OBJECT would do anything useful, and there is no need for a
Gst::wrap() instead of Glib::wrap().

I must make some more changes to Gst::Object, to do the ref sink in all
of its constructors.

I am very disappointed that the other gstreamermm developers have not
been using the ChangeLog (and/or committing junk to the ChangeLog). You
must use the ChangeLog if you want me to help you.

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it. I will do my best to use ChangeLogs, and good programming practices when working on gstreamermm. Do you have svn access? I'm sure Milosz, would want your changes checked in. Thanks.

-Jose