Keeping tree rows selected during a pop-up menu

I have a TreeView that allows multiple selections. When multiple selections are made and the user right-clicks, a pop-up menu appears where the user can choose to add the selected files to a play list. My problem is that whenever the right mouse button is released and the menu appears the selections are unselected, which makes the option to add selected files useless from the pop-up menu (although it still works fine from the standard menu bar).

So I'm wondering how I can maintain the selection after the TreeView itself loses focus to the pop-up menu. I messed around with TreeSelection::set_select_function() but I was unable to make the callback slot behave properly.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt Bragano