gtkmm application redistribution

I've developed a visual application using gtkmm and i would like to redistribute both the windows and linux packages. I'm looking for some suggestions on how to prepare the package, expecially for the linux distributions. I've tought, if is possible, to link all the libraries statically, and to prepare some kind of package.run, just for user facility, but i don't know if it's a good strategy, since i've seen many time the source distribution (config, automake etc). And anyway, i don't know how to start so any help/link/documentation on it is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Angelo