Re: Can Gtkmm 2.10 be installed in Linux - ubuntu 6.06 ?

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 12:45 +0530, SaiKamesh Rathinasabapathy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating an application in c++. This is going to be deployed in
> touch screen. I am using Gtkmm 2.8.8 . My OS is Linux - ubuntu 6.06.
>
> I want to use Gtk::ListViewText in my application. But it is not
> available in Gtkmm 2.8.8. I need to install Gtkmm 2.10 to use
> Gtk::ListViewText. Can Gtkmm 2.10 be installed in Linux - ubuntu
> 6.06 ?. How to do it?

There is no reliable way to install newer versions of gtkmm if your
distro version doesn't ship it, particularly if you expect to deploy
your application to the same distro version. It would be best just to
upgrade Ubuntu.

But if this is just for playing, you can try jhbuild to give you a
complete up-to-the-minute development environment.

Also, if your application is GPL licensed (but only if), you can just
put the Gtk::ListViewText source code in your application. It's very
simple code anyway, and can be considered almost as example code for
Gtk::TreeView. Gtk::ListViewText will rarely be enough for real-world
applications - you will need the fuller Gtk::TreeView API eventually.

www.openismus.com