Re: Good style for memory management?

Paul Pogonyshev wrote:

Gtk::VBox*  vbox = manage (new Gtk::VBox (...));

Hmm, you are telling me, that from this point on the vbox
will be deleted (i.e. managed)?

I thougth this was only the case after having
add(*vbox);
Not?

Something like that.  Nothing can throw in between.

Between what?
You are not citing anything with a "between".

In any case, you can
not care about memory leaks if something throws when you build your GUI.
Because then you have more important problems at hands, right?

Sorry I do not understand the last one.
Why should I not care about leaks if bringing up a GUI (or part of
it, e.g. a dialog) throws out due to a error?

Roland