Re: Good style for memory management?

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> > In any case, you can
> > not care about memory leaks if something throws when you build your GUI.
> > Because then you have more important problems at hands, right?
>
> Sorry I do not understand the last one.
> Why should I not care about leaks if bringing up a GUI (or part of
> it, e.g. a dialog) throws out due to a error?

Well, I do not know when you throw exceptions, but for me exceptions in GUI
construction are unacceptable, because GUI construction is not meant to
handle user input or something like that.  I.e. if they happen, I have a
broken program and I do not care if it is a little more broken by leaking
memory.  In any case it must be fixed.

Paul