Re: problem using the new printing API ...

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 19:56 -0400, Roberto Alejandro Esp�u�wrote:
> The examples and the program I made from them when executed don't
> print anything in the command line.  Instead they start to load up my
> processor in a very unusual way.  My guess is that there may be a loop
> somewhere.  I use Debian Etch with the gtk and gtkmm libs from the
> 2.10 version.

Generally, unless someone comes up with some more or less specific
ideas and test results about why something does not work as expected
and, perhaps, how certain part(s) of the code could be fixed,
probably not much will happen in a situation such as this when
developers cannot reproduce it. At least I cannot... (I wrote the
examples btw).

Printing largely depends on drivers. Personally, I've never had
the luck to see my HP 1022 print normally clean and fast. Today I
installed Fedora 7, and my struggle with CUPS is yet to begin, as
I can't actually print anything atm.

There are no specific build flags for gtkmm which have any effect here.
What I was referring to previously was that Bartosz should check if
he has built Evince without a lignomeprint USE flag, if it exists
(which does not, as I later checked on gentoo-portage.org). Because
libgnomeprint is an "old" GNOME printing library, which Evince used
to rely on in the past, and we're talking about Gtk+ printing API here.

If any of you have Gtk+ test programs somewhere (located in gtk+/tests),
could you please try running the testprint and print-editor programs,
and report if they print and show preview properly without any problems,
please?

Btw Roberto, please keep all your relevant posts in a single thread.
It's easier to follow, reference and browse from archives later.

Marko