Re: desktop and GTKmm

So the answer to my question is NO. You can't use GTKmm in a desktop
application without approval while you can (ab)use C#/GTK# or
python/pygtk.

No. Your question was:

"is it OK for a GNOME desktop application to depend on GTKmm ?"

The question was _NOT_ :
"is OK for a GNOME desktop application to depend on GTKMM _WITHOUT APPROVAL_" ?

The answer to the initial question is :

"Probably yes, because GTKMM is part of the official GNOME bindings.
To be sure, you (Benoit) has to send an email to the release-team
mailing list."

I am picky on this because other people may read this mailing list
later and blindly think "huh oh ?  gtkmm is not officially supported
by GNOME", or whatever. And that is not true.

I am pretty sure that the answer to your initial question could be YES :-)

Cheers,

Dodji.