Re: desktop and GTKmm

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 15:43 +0100, dodji Seketeli wrote:
> > I'm not sure that's necessarily true.  There are desktop apps that
> > depend on pygtk (e.g. deskbar applet, alacarte menu editor) and I
> > believe there was consensus that gtkmm was ok to depend on as well,
> > but nobody had done so yet.  You'd probably need to pose the question
> > to desktop-devel rather than gtkmm-list.  Or maybe Murray knows
> > more...
>

> Yeah. I have asked on IRC to some people of the release team and they
> told me there should not be any problem. To be really sure, I think
> the question should be asked on the release-team mailing list first.
> That would generate less noise than asking on desktop-devel-list.

It easiest to get something approved as part of the official GNOME
Desktop release set if it just uses C, because
- it's awkward to have to know multiple languages.
- it's inefficient to depend on multiple roughly-equivalent runtimes and
bindings libraries.

But, for the real answer, you need to ask on desktop-devel-list or
release-team, ideally with a specific example.

www.openismus.com