Re: Background in a Gtk::TreeView

Omar Barneto <obarneto hasar com> writes:

> It is possible to put a image file (.jpg,png,etc) as Gtk::Treeview's
> background instead a solid color
> How can I do that

I recently managed to get some buttons to show up on top of a
Gtk::Image by putting both inside a Gtk::Table and attaching the
Gtk::Image with a row and column span that covered the buttons too.

I'm no expert on GTK+ internals, but I don't think this will work for
TreeViews as they seem to draw their own background. If noone else has
a suggestion - you could try to look into the theme/style stuff and
see if it is possible to do something with that. For instance with
some quick googling these turned up:

  http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/gtk-sharp-list/2005-August/006311.html
  http://www.daa.com.au/pipermail/pygtk/2003-November/006360.html

--