Re: Text Entry Box - text alignment

On 2/21/07, Michael Fasolino <Michael_Fasolino raytheon com> wrote:

I am currently porting an existing tool to be platform independent, so in order to keep the same look and feel, I would like to use a Text Entry box.  If it ends up that I can't do what needs to be done with the text box, than I will switch over to the  FileChooserButton.  Also, after searching for a while to find a way to align the text (when it is longer than the text entry can display) and not being able to find anything in gtkmm, I am kind of curious to hear if there is solution I am missing:)

Thank you,

 Michael

I've never tried to do this, so this is just a guess.  Could you do
what you want simply by setting the cursor position to the end of the
text entry box?  I think there's a set_position() function and passing
a value of -1 means to place the cursor at the end (It appears that
this function isn't documented in gtkmm, but that's what the GTK+ docs
say [1]).  I believe the default behavior of a GtkEntry is to 'scroll'
to show the cursor position, so this might do what you want.  But I
can't really test out my theory right now.

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkEditable.html#gtk-editable-set-position
--
jonner