GNOME in Linux

This question is not about programming, but in order to test my program in Linux I need to install GNOME, so... I am seeking shelter, from all the fertilizer that will be thrown at for posting non-programming questions here, in the precept that GNOME is the test bench of my GTKmm program, thus the following question.

I have just  recently installed Linux Debian, next I 'apt-get install gnome', now I would like to start GNOME GUI Shell, but don't know how. Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Again sorry for the non-programming question.