Re: Fixing the Gst::Message classes

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 10:15 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
> I can see now that casting and constructors are related.  I'm working
> with classes that have multiple inheritance and sub-constructors that
> rely on parent constructors (and dealing with casting as well), but I
> have to admit, I couldn't remember (or maybe it never really registered)
> that constructors are used for casting.

I don't think they are.

>   I'll have to review some C++ a
> little.  Works fine.  Thanks.
>
> BTW, I was just testing the signal version of the ogg player and it
> seems to not be transmitting the signal.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but feel free to post a test/example
here if you'd like me to take a look.

>   I'm thinking of looking into
> this a bit and trying to move further into the examples.  I hope it's
> not inconvenient for me to continue to send patches as I modify and add
> things to gstmm.  I wish I could check stuff in, but at least my work
> can be checked before a check-in just in case something is wrong.

Yeah, just keep sending patches for now. We'll give Milosz a few more
days to respond - maybe he's on holiday. But if absolutely necessary I
will fork gstreamermm to GNOME's svn.

www.openismus.com