Re: Fixing the Gst::Message classes

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 00:58 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
I was thinking of changing the "_CLASS_OPAQUE_REFCOUNTED(Message, GstMessage, NONE, gst_message_ref, gst_message_unref)" line in message.hg to something like "_CLASS_GOBJECT(Message, GstMessage, GST_MESSAGE, Gst::MiniObject, GstMiniObject)". Is this a good approach?

GstMiniObject doesn't derived from GObject, right? So I don't think it
would be a good idea to use _CLASS_GOBJECT().

I'm afraid that we might need a new macro, but you might try using
_CLASS_GENERIC() to see how far that gets us.

I will take care of this if it does turn out to be difficult.

I was thinking of writing similar "wrapping" functionality for Gst::MiniObject as in Glib::ObjectBase/Glib::Object. I thought of taking wrap.{h,c} from glibmm and "modifying" them to work for Gst::MiniObject/GstMiniObject and then modifying Gst::MiniObject to include the "wrapper" functionality of Glib::ObjectBase and Glib::Object. I'm wondering if this would be worthwhile at this time. Would it be?

-Jose