Re: Fixing the Gst::Message classes

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 00:58 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
I was thinking of changing the "_CLASS_OPAQUE_REFCOUNTED(Message, GstMessage, NONE, gst_message_ref, gst_message_unref)" line in message.hg to something like "_CLASS_GOBJECT(Message, GstMessage, GST_MESSAGE, Gst::MiniObject, GstMiniObject)". Is this a good approach?

GstMiniObject doesn't derived from GObject, right?
Right.

So I don't think it
would be a good idea to use _CLASS_GOBJECT().

I see.

I'm afraid that we might need a new macro, but you might try using
_CLASS_GENERIC() to see how far that gets us.

I will take care of this if it does turn out to be difficult.

I suspect that miniobject.{h,cc} will probably have to change some also, but I just want to get a sense as to where to begin or if I'm not going about things the right way. BTW, is this the right place/way to ask these questions? Thanks.

Yes, I don't know of any better place.

Thanks.

-Jose