Re: Gtkmm efficiency

On 12/10/07, Aaron Geier <ageier catalystmicro com> wrote:
> The application uses a touchscreen monitor, so there needs to be an
> event that I can "capture" to let me know when the user touches the
> entry.  I was unable to get such an event to work with labels, so I used
> the gdkcrossing signal for entries.  If there is a signal that I can
> subscribe with labels to give me this functionality, I would try to use
> labels.
>
> -Thanks,
> Aaron

The general approach to this situation is to pack a label into an
EventBox, and then set the events that you want to be able to handle
on the EventBox.  I'm not sure exactly how this will compare
performance-wise to using Entries, but I imagine that if you only
enable the events that you are interested in, (e.g. set_events()), it
may be faster.
--
jonner