Waiting for multiple windows

Hi all,

I'm writing a system where requests are coming in asyncronously (through a socket, typically) and a new window is created to handle each request.

To do this, I have a "main" window that shows the active connections and its class has a member function that pops up a new window to handle each request. These pop-up windows should not block input to any other window (i.e. they should not be modal).

Currently, when I close the main window, all the pop-ups dissappear because the event loop has finished. Is there any way to keep the initial call to Gtk::Main::Run() from finishing until all the popups have been closed?

I've tried creating each pop-up in its own thread, but the program barfed pretty quick, so I assume this is a no-no :)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Edd