Embedding an movie viewer into a gtk window

Suppose I wanted to write a gtkmm front end (with some knobs and
controls) for a viewing application like tvtime or xawtv. How would I go
about embedding tvtime into a gtkmm window? I mean, what do I do on the
gtkmm side?

The reason I have to have tvtime running into a gtkmm window is because
the application I'm developing is for a pan-tilt-zoom camera and I want
to be able to click on an object in the tvtime window and have the camera
point to that object. That is, my application must read mouse coordinates
in the tvtime window, translate them into (pan,tilt) and send the
appropriate command to the camera. Tvtime does not read mouse
coordinates, so that's why I want to put it inside a gtkmm window that
does.

I already wrote a simple gtkmm application that can move the camera
(using sliders) to a desired position. I can run this at the same time
with tvtime, but I want to be able to take mouse coordinates from tvtime
and translate them to (pan,tilt).

Thanks!