Re: Help Needed - Gtkmm 2.2

On 8/10/07, CUCoder <wscanaday gmail com> wrote:

> Before I ask...here are the specs:
>
> - Solaris 10 running on UltraSparc T1
> - GCC 4
> - Gtk+ 2.0
> - Gtkmm 2.2.12
>
> Question:
>
> I can't get any of gtkmm code to compile, not even the examples provided in
> the install.  I get two errors everytime, which are in the ustring.h on line
> 224 and 230.  Here is the exact error:
>
> ustring.h:224 error: wrong number of template arguments (6, should be 1)
> ustring.h:230 error: wrong number of template arguments (6, should be 1)
>
> has anyone ever seen these errors, and if so...how do I fix them?  My C Gtk+
> apps compile and run great, as do my non-gui c++ apps.  I have googled for
> information on this error and cannot find anything that seems to help.
> Thanks to anyone who has any advice.
> --

Is there a reason that you're compiling these manually?  And is there
a reason that you're using an old, old version of gtkmm? (it's not
only old in terms of release date, but also is API-incompatible with
the current releases since API/ABI was broken at 2.4)  What
distribution are you using?  Are these libraries distribution packages
or were they installed by hand?  The error you are describing is from
glibmm yet you didn't list what version of glibmm you have installed.

--
jonner