Re: Paging in the treeview

---- SaiKamesh Rathinasabapathy <rsaikamesh gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have added a treeview in a window and at the left side of the treeview I
> have added some butons
> named as GoTop,GoBottom,
>
> if GoTop button is clicked then the current cursor position of the treeview
> should be changed to the top row of the  page(not top row of the treeview).
>
> if GoBottom button is clicked then the current cursor position of the
> treeview should be changed to the bottom row of the page(not the bottom row
> of the treeview).
>
> Note: I can not add my treeview  in a scrolledwindow. because my application
> is going to be deployed in a touch screen. So if I add the treeview in a
> scrolledwindow, then the user will not be able to touch the tab in the
> scrolledwindow. That is why I added these two buttons. So that the user can
> easily touch the button.
>
> please help me. I have no idea. PLEASE!!!.

I have a similar application using a touchscreen. What we have done is add buttons similar to yours which simulate key presses for the "page up" or "page down" keyboard buttons.   (when the user presses the up button the button generates a key press event for 'page up' which causes the treeview to move)

I dont remember the class or method used to generate the key press event, but it should be easy to search the gtkmm documents for how to do it