Re: Gtk::StatusIcon 'activate' signal

Murray Cumming wrote:
> More precisely, you'll see
>
> _IGNORE_SIGNAL(activate) //Keybinding signal.
>
> Which indicates that this is a keybinding (or "action") signal that is
> not meant to be used by most application developers. It's useful for
> widget implementation, particularly for accessibility issues.
>
> Rui, if you can say what you are trying to do, or if you can show us the
> GTK+ C code that seems to use this signal, then we might be able to say
> what you should do with gtkmm.

Hello Murray,

I do not see any sense in not using this signals. Can you please explain
a bit more what this keybinding signal stuff is about?!

For example imagine a instant messaging app which indicates (not only!)
through StatusIcon that new messages have arrived. You can click on the
StatusIcon to let the message pop up or you can right click on it to see
who is sending the message or to block the message. This is just one
application I can imagine. So I think this signals would make much more
sense to be implemented than using the underlying gobj(), which is not
very 'clean' in my eyes.

Maik Beckmann