Re: gtkmm and scratchbox: Gtk::DrawingArea problem

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 13:14 +0300, Jarkko Palviainen wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to build simple drawing app for Nokia 770 IT2006 but here's the
> problem:
> When compiling and running some example, like this
> http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch14s03.html#id2524813
> it goes well but just doesn't draw anything on Xephyr emulator, just blank
> window. Compiling and running in normal Debian Sarge is fine, I can see
> those lines drawn. The problem seems to be related to on_expose_event()
> which is not called as I tested by debug printing in it. I can't use cairo
> as I have to use glimm 2.8.9.

Yes, the version of gtkmm that is in the maemo repository uses some
special optimizations. The most obvious change is that there are no
default signal handlers, so you must connect a signal handler instead of
just overriding the default one.

www.openismus.com