Build Error

I recently downloaded the latest stable versions od Gtkmm (2.12.x) and I tried to install but keep getting the error:

checking for XRRUpdateConfiguration in -lXrandr... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xrandr.h... yes
checking Pango flags... configure: error:
*** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
*** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.

I've already installed Pango and Cairo.
Please if someone has an idea about how to work around it, I would be really greatful. Im a newbie in gtkmm.

Thanks.

Kennedy Kasina