Re: treeview columns bug or feature ?

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 09:05 +0100, Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have tried to find a solution to this edit problem, and by taking a
> look into the gtkmm source code, and I found that every time you append
> to an editable column, gtkmm also call this private function :
>
> _connect_auto_store_editable_signal_handler
>
> As far as I understand, these signals must also be maintained when
> changing model (I think this is missing in the set_model ?) on a tree view ?

Yes, in general, I've assumed that changing the model requires changing
the view columns. But I guess that's not necessarily the case if the
model has exactly the same column types.

A patch would be welcome to fix this.

> Are there any advise to how this should be done ? Or is it better to
> avoid the "_editable" functions in the treeview, when using multiple
> models ?

Probably, yes. They are only quick convenience functions anyway. In most
real-world situations you need more complex logic for control of
validation of input and for formatting of displayed data.

www.openismus.com