How to wrap objects based on GInitiallyUnowned (floating references)?

Hi,

how can I wrap a C object which derives from GInitiallyUnowned (and
especially NOT from GObject or GtkObject) to C++? I found no simple m4
macro like _CLASS_GINITIALLYUNOWNED for it. If I use GObject and
_CLASS_GOBJECT,  a sample application of the library crashes at
shutdown, because the C++ class doesn´t store a reference on the
underlying C instance and so it tries to free the memory twice.

Best regards,

- Philipp Kerling