Re: How to wrap objects based on GInitiallyUnowned (floating references)?

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 18:03 +0100, Philipp Kerling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I wrap a C object which derives from GInitiallyUnowned (and
> especially NOT from GObject or GtkObject) to C++? I found no simple m4
> macro like _CLASS_GINITIALLYUNOWNED for it. If I use GObject and
> _CLASS_GOBJECT,  a sample application of the library crashes at
> shutdown, because the C++ class doesn�t store a reference on the
> underlying C instance and so it tries to free the memory twice.

I think you should be able to use G_OBJECT with this, but I would like
to know why the object derives from GInitiallyUnowned instead of from
GObject. Maybe it should be used like GtkObject without depending on GTK
+. The author could tell you.

May I see the code, so I can try to debug this problem for you. Please
provide a tarball or repository checkout details, with information about
how to build it.

www.openismus.com