Re: automatically scrolling

> but in gtk there is a way to do it, i can fire a signal
>
> g_signal_emit_by_name (range, "move-slider", textview_text_scroll_type);

1. You can use C functions on gtkmm objects, by using gobj().

2. This is a keybinding/action signal. It is therefore not part of the
public API. It could change/break/disappear in the future. gtkmm makes
this clearer by not proving API for these signals.

3. Emitting signals for objects instead of just letting those objects emit
their own signals themselves is messing around with the internals of an
object. It's not part of the public API. It might not continue to work,
and might have strange side-effects. gtkmm makes it more difficult to use
non-public API.