Re: automatically scrolling

TextView has scroll methods but they are not useful in case u r doing
step increment or page increment

they are more related to TextBuffer.

anyways i found a way out

VScrollbar* scrollbar = scrolledWindow.get_vscrollbar();
scrollbar->set_value(scrollbar->get_value() +
(scrollbar->get_adjustment()->get_step_increment());

On 6/21/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 20:04 +0530, Yogesh Arora wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a TextView inside a scroll window.
> I want to create an animation effect in which TextView scrolls automatically
>
> I know there is set_value function in Range class. But for calling
> that function i will always have to calculate the value.
>
> There should be some funtion such as step_increment page_increment can called
> for step or page_increment

TextView has a variety of scroll* methods, which should help:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TextView.html

www.openismus.com

--
Thanks
Yogesh

Dont be intimidated by impossibillity.... be motivated by possibillity!