Re: Overhead for using gtkmm?

Doron,

First of all, I can't back this up with hard data. But this is an
opinion of experience.  If you're that worried about memory usage,
your question shouldn't be between gtk and gtkmm. Without actually
doing the experiment I can almost guarantee that gtkmm will have a
larger memory footprint.

What I can also guarantee is that its not going to be *that* much bigger.

If you're that worried about memory usage you should look at gtk vs.
other toolkits. Not gtk vs its C++ wrapper. On the other hand, if
you're dead set on gtk, then the question should be, "Do the
advantages of C++ design outweigh the exact byte count of memory
usage?"

I tend to assume never, but there's always a case where it might make
a difference.

I, for one, can't think of a rigorous method for making quantitative
comparisons between the two, although, I would be slightly interested
in a comparison for novelty's sake.

Paul