Re: Gtk window.show() (maybe just c++ related)

Murray,

I look away for a second and baby widgets start springing up everywhere...

Anyway, if I get a chance later, I'll take a look and maybe write up a
quick demo if one doesn't exist already.

Paul

On 12/2/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 08:20 -0600, Paul Davis wrote:
> Eric,
>
> > TreeViews are a real pain.
>
> Indeed they are. And from my experience, this is one of the hardest
> parts of the api to deal with. The main problem seems to stem from the
> fact that the developers seemed to try and make the TreeView et al
> classes as abstract as possible so that you use them to design any
> type of widget you want. With this abstract implementation comes a bit
> of difficulty in making it do things that seem as though they should
> be rather simple.

The new ListViewText widget offers a very simple API for the TreeView:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1ListViewText.html

However, it's probably too simple for most situations. I haven't heard
of anyone actually using it yet.

www.openismus.com