Re: Gtk window.show() (maybe just c++ related)

Eric,

TreeViews are a real pain.

Indeed they are. And from my experience, this is one of the hardest
parts of the api to deal with. The main problem seems to stem from the
fact that the developers seemed to try and make the TreeView et al
classes as abstract as possible so that you use them to design any
type of widget you want. With this abstract implementation comes a bit
of difficulty in making it do things that seem as though they should
be rather simple.

As for the excel type of functionality, to get a single cell selected,
you may want to look at the CellEditable class and see if thats not
more of what you need.

The only excel-esque ability I can think of that might not be able to
be directly achieved is selecting a column vs. selecting a row.

I'm guessing, to achieve full spreadsheet capabilities you'd need to
implement a custom TreeModel and TreeView that allow for these types
of operations.

Good luck,
Paul